Monday 24 April 2017

'A la Mode'

Today's step by step, is a card I made for Leonie's Typography show. The shows will still be available on 'Rewind' via the Hochanda website. 

To start I took the 'Antique Frames' from Sara's Shabby Chic collection, using the second die in the set I cut it 3 times. I then stuck them over the images I wanted to use for this project. The sheet I used here is from The 'Gilded Lily' from Graphic 45. I roughly cut them out before carefully trimming them in line with the frame.

The 'Classic Lily' dies from the same Shabby Chic collection were cut from a script design in the Graphic 45 pad. I added more tone and colour to the leaves using Shabby Shutters Distress Ink.

For the background paper, I cut my card to 7 3/4'' square. I stamped the top of the tree from Leonie's 'Funky Tree' stamp set. The colours I used were Antique Linen,Tattered Rose and Victorian Velvet. I used the same colours over the card and concentrated the colour around the edges of the card. The Lily flowers were also coloured using these inks. When finished I layered my background onto black card, leaving a very narrow border

I added dots of the Mixtion Relief from Pebeo on the embossed areas of the frame and the ends of the lily stamens. Once this was dry I gilded them with the Pebeo Gold leaf sheets.

I cut a border strip from the same Graphic 45 pad and backed it with black card. I then cut out 'A La Mode' from Leonie's Typography die collection before assembling the card as shown.

Thank you for joining me today, I hope you like the step by step and the card I have shared today. Thank you so much for all of the nice comments both here and on Facebook. I do appreciate them. Take care and Happy Crafting.xx

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant card Nick. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card which shows off the gorgeous papers that you have used. Thanks for sharing, Nicola x

    ReplyDelete