Tuesday 2 March 2021

The most unprofessional and deceitful company going, it's been devastating for Craftascope.

Hello Friends and Crafters. I’ve been kept busy by the wretched delivery company and to tell you the truth, it has taken me to an all-time low. Some of you will knw that I have just been plagued with bad luck for months and it seems there's just no end to it. I have reached the very depths of despair. This is quite a long post so I hope that some of you will take a look. I have provided everything they have asked for after finally getting and filling out my claim form.

There’s been lots of differences of opinion, not about the actual claim but they have disputed ownership and payment for the items lost in the parcel. I have provided invoices, which they have refused point blank. I contacted the company and requested them for other invoices showing payment has been made, they were happy to produce them with official company stamps. They have refused to even consider my bank statements which clearly show the payments for each invoice.

I was accused of editing these and providing fraudulent documents, the company has even sent me a statement listing each of the invoices individually, again company stamped and signed to show that all payments for the goods have been received by them and they have still refused the claim.

They have had the downright cheek to credit my account with a 15 pound credit to use for a future shipment. I can tell you, I would never use them again, not if they offered free shipping.

This has really depressed me and at times I have felt suicidal, I have had to take everything off the Hochanda website as I can’t offer the selection required, I only have the items on the Craftascope Etsy store. I can’t see any way of going forward now after losing such a great deal of stock and no way of replacing it, I just don’t have the funds to cover the loss and then make up the difference needed to place the minimum orders required.

I have loved haring and helping people with their crafting and will always value the friendships and customers that have been so amazing but I think this is where the journey will end. I have worked my socks off to bring the collections I have, hearing the comments and praise for my designs will never be forgotten. It’s devastating that an incident like this has been the thing that has destroyed it all. It seems that anyone working for DPD can take a fancy to anything they like and it’s the customer that foots the bill. How on earth can this be right.

Interestingly, I decided to leave a review for my most recent experience. I wasn’t able to leave one for ParcelCompare/DPD as I wasn’t invited to share the experience. Maybe I am the only one who didn’t realise this but it’s the company who can select which customers can leave reviews on Feefo. Despite sending around 17 Parcels with them over the last 6 months, I have not once been asked to leave a review. No wonder they have such a high star rating, they have only selected those customers who have enjoyed a good experience. Worse still, I discovered that Feefo awarded them a ‘’Trusted Service Award’.

A 5 minute search on the internet brings up many other sites that, in my view reflect the service given by ParcelCompare far more honestly. It's appalling the amount of people that have suffered both mentally and financially by this company. Feefo have chosen to provide a public service in collating reviews to assist customers when selecting products or services. They have a huge responsibility to ensure that customers are given a balanced, with a true reflection of what they could and might expect. At present this is certainly not true of ParcelCompare, the other reviews, across many online sites have certainly shown this. Like many others, I rely heavily on review sites, as I mentioned earlier, Feefo had always been my site of choice, but now I am not so confident. Many of the customers who have or are suffering could also have made their choice to use this disreputable company by reading the glowing reviews on your site.

I have taken the time to read many of the other reviews and the service described certainly mirrors that of mine. Many of these have also shared proof that they were in fact customers of ParcelCompare, but like me, have been denied the right to share on the Feefo Site. Now I am aware that they are involved in the selection process, it's clear that they are being far more selective than they should. Obviously selecting those who have had an acceptable or better service.

 

The loss I have suffered on this occasion, along with the damage caused to another of my parcels has totally destroyed my small business. The length of time and excessive delays has left me with little, if any chance of recovery. I was so incensed by this that I contacted 'Rip Off Britain' a few months ago and they have contacted me for an update as they are preparing for their next series.

 

Below is the review I have written, it’s also available on the Feefo website, but for some reason the photos weren’t published. You all know that I am honest, I have always shred my reviews and experiences to help others, I really hope you will look at other review sites to get a mre honest view of this company.

 

Feefo should have the option of a ‘Zero Star ’ option, this company just do not deserve to be in business and certainly doesn’t deserve a star rating. I would implore people to go direct to the parcel company, these days the pittance you save is not worth the lack of Customer Service you get from ParcelCompare when it is required.

Before I start, I would like to share something very important. When I decided to share my most recent experience, I visited Feefo, who I have always trusted to share balanced and unbiased reviews. I believe the reviews on their site are 100% genuine, but I was shocked that ParcelCompare had such a high rating. It transpires that it is ParcelCompare themselves that select the customers that leave the reviews. In the last 6 or 7 months I had sent 17 parcels, in that time, I have never been invited to describe my experience or share an honest account of the Customer Care or service received. In fact in order to leave this review I have had to contact Feefo and ask for the right to share. It is no wonder to me that ParcelCompare have such a high rating on Feefo. I am certainly not alone, a five minute search on the internet and you will see there are hundreds if not thousands of reviews from people who have suffered both mentally and financially. Please take the time to look before deciding to use this company for your delivery needs.

I started a very small business 2 years ago, this year has been a very hard for everyone without experiencing any additional trouble. I needed to move my stock from the UK to Bulgaria before the end of the transition period. Through the year I had been sending 2 or 3 parcels at a time, I had a few niggles, but nothing could have prepared me for the last few shipments. Sadly they were all sent in quick succession so there was no way of knowing, believe me I wouldn’t and won’t ever use them again.

I had a shipment of 3 parcels each weighing approximately 29KG and obviously very large too. They arrived and one was missing, the other 2 looked like they had been kicked from the UK to Bulgaria. I got in touch straight away and was told that they would investigate, which could take up to 14 days. In the meantime I had to provide a list of the items involved. This was fairly easy as it was all stock that was to be shown on a TV show. The time passed and I kept asking for updates, cutting a long story short this went on for over 3 months, now nearer to 4 months. I had contacted the CEO of DPD by this time as I felt it was not being taken seriously at all. DPD said they had searched every office it could have passed through and therefore it was ParcelCompare that were causing the excessive delays.

I was so relieved when I finally got a claim form, I had lost so much by this time, I had to give notice to my wonderful design team, as I couldn’t sell much as the items lost formed part of collections,I just couldn’t afford to replace them without the claim being settled. I had continually told them that the longer it went on the more damage was being done, it had been devastating. I filled out the claim form. Since then they have disputed ownership my products, despite providing invoices, they refused to accept bank statements which clearly showed payments.

I contacted the company who makes my hand drawn craft designs and asked if they would provide company receipts, they did, all signed and stamped with the business stamp along with a document confirming all the invoices were paid, this was also stamped and signed. Parcel Compare came back to accuse me of editing the documents. I can prove they were all sent to me by the company by email. I have provided everything they have asked for again and again. I have not edited any documents, even my legal advisor can’t understand, they agree that the documentation clearly shows ownership and payment.

This has gone on and on, they have asked for the same information repeatedly, it’s as if they don’t know what they are doing. The have declined my claim, refunded the original payment for the shipping and as a goodwill gesture credited the account with 15.00, I would never use them again, even if they offered free transportation, I would rather get on a flight and collect things myself.

This has completely ruined my life, I have actually been suicidal, it has been devastating, thousands of pounds of stock lost, through n fault of my own, DPD have accepted the loss and yet I have no comeback. Mine is a very small concern, it’s devastating and I can’t see a way forward. I have spent hours trying to get them to see reason. It really isn’t fair, that I should have to suffer this loss, it seems that anyone at DPD could take and parcels they take a fancy to and it’s the customer that has to shoulder the loss.

The other shipments that I mentioned, there was so much damage in one of the parcels that nothing could be retrieved. I sent photos to the CEO of DPD and they conveniently disregarded the issue completely. I tried to raise the issue with Parcel Compare but the reply I got was curt and dismissive.  This is a polite warning not to use this disreputable company. If you need any help or assistance you will not get any, even approaching the courier itself will not help as the contract is direct with ParcelCompare, who show no empathy once they have had payment. The only time you will get any assistance is when it is to pay for a shipment, apart from that they couldn’t care less.

It’s totally beyond me how a large parcel weighing nearly 30Kg can possibly go missing, it is complete incompetence and shows sheer lack of responsibility for property. I was proud of my ‘Craftascope’ Brand of Craft Products, now I just can’t continue, they have destroyed everything. Please don’t risk feeling as bad as I do. They have made me feel like a criminal over the last few months. I never thought I could be affected so badly, but bit by bit they have chipped away and destroyed my confidence and ruined any chance I could have had of a recovery.

It might be the end for me but please share this as much as you can, I would hate anyone else to lose so much. People need to know before choosing to use their services, It's okay if you have no issues but if you do, there will be no help whatsoever. Just a few photos of the damage done, I can also provide proof of payment and I can confirm that this is an honest and true reflection of the experience I have had.

I would like to say that I first used ParcelCompare quite a few years ago, to be fair in the beginning the service was far superior, but now it is not even a pale reflection of what it once was.

Bless all of you for the support you have given, Take care and Happy Crafting.xx

  

12 comments:

  1. Oh Nick that is so shocking how a company can disregard the information that you have sent them. Then accuse you of falsifying everything you have sent them. I really hope that Rip off Britain air it and they are shown to be the b....... they are and how the treat valuable customers. No wonder you have felt suicidal Nick between everything that has happened through no fault of your own. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolute disgrace
    There must be someone higher you can contact everyone has a superior
    I hope rogue traders take it up
    As this needs to be rectified
    Why should you loose your business
    Because of their incompetence?
    Nick fight this dont let them win please 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Nick my heart goes out to you . Courier companies have totally rubbish customer services. There only one that good and thats UPS but I would presume there expensive to use. As there has good customer service. Hope you get everything sorted out xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nick this is truly disgusting and wrong, you've been treated appallingly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen Louise Kemp2 March 2021 at 22:44

    Nick this is truly disgusting and utterly wrong

    ReplyDelete
  6. O Nick, this is absolutely heart breaking to read. There seems so little we can do to support you. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear this Nick as if life isn't hard enough trying to keep a business going under such terrible times. I can understand you desperate feelings Nick hope you find a way out and get recompense. But for your sanity sake you need to take a step back . It will absorb your very breath from you. Thinking of you Nick and hope life turns a corner for you pet. Really sm so sorry to hear this. X mo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nick I feel so sorry for you. I really hope that something can be done and you can be recompensed for what you have lost.
    Perhaps Watchdog would take up your case or the ombudsman. I really hope this can be sorted out for you. Hugs
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really sorry to hear about this. Not sure if there is some sort of association of trading standards avenue you can access to get your information looked at who are able to make the company play fair

    ReplyDelete
  10. nck this is terrible...what happened to all the packaging and everything else in the box?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nick, I am absolutely saddened by what has happened to you. That company should be made to pay and then put out of business. They deserve nothing less. To great people like this is disgraceful and disgusting. They cannot be proud of themselves. Please be safe and please take care of yourself. Hopefully this will be resolved. Your customers know you are honest.
    Matti Taylor (USA)

    ReplyDelete
  12. BEST blog i received valuable thing it give me full information. thanku for making this kind of blog. for more information you can check my blog also Click here

    ReplyDelete