Monday 27 April 2020

Questions for the Government? Now there's a chance.

Hi, After my last to Blog Posts, I decided to write to Kier Starmer, Boris Johnson and Rishi Sunak. It's always worth it when you feel you have something to say, well better than just posting on a blog anyway and more change of it being seen. From today anyone has the chance of asking the Government a question at the Number 10 Coronavirus Evening Briefing.

So many have been put off watching the briefing because of the questions put forward by the press. There are so many repeated by each of the groups. So now there's a chance to find out more. There will be one question put forward to the Government each day. The Government wont see the question prior to the Briefing and the daily question will be selected by an independent polling organisation.

You have to be over 18 to submit your question, they will be chosen around midday each day, if chosen the person will be contacted and given the choice of recording a video of your question to be played during the briefing. If you would rather not record you question, it will be read out on your behalf. It will be interesting to see what the public want to know and if it's any different to those asked by the media. The link to add your questions is: ASK YOUR QUESTION.

Here is the letter I wrote to Keir Starmer last week, If I ever get a response I will post on here. It was great to hear Boris Johnson earlier, saying that he would invite the opposition leader and others to be involved. This will be a great step forward and hopefully reduce the Backbiting and criticism we have seen, and in turn less time wasted. 


Finally my letter to Rishi Sunik, you never know, I might also get a reply to this and again, if I do I will add it here for you to see.


For now take care and Keep safe. xx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nick
    Can’t read your letters .... if I try to make it bigger ..it gets more Blurred
    Hugs Sylvie xx
    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I will try and change them, Thats a real nuisance. Thank you for letting me know. I hope you are well.
      Take care too. Nick x

      Delete
  2. Hi Sylvie, I have made them bigger now, so it should work.Do let me know and I will enlarge them more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nick
    Sorry still can’t read it ....
    hope you are well....
    We in Gibraltar we only have 3 cases .... we were in lockdown early .... they really are on top of things here ...and it’s a small place of 30,000 ....
    keep safe
    Can’t wait to see you back on Hochanda
    Hugs Sylvie x
    Keep safe

    ReplyDelete