Saturday 3 September 2016

20's Mosaic

Morning, Today I am sharing something different using the Wonder Embossing Crystals that Justin and Gordon from Be Creative launched on Hochanda, this Wednesday.Having such an amazing collection of colours really opens up the possibilities. I had seen the marquetry show on Hochanda and really wanted to try it with other media, so what better than the Wonder Crystals.

Years ago, I started using Gallery Glass and had  few Stained Glass window patterns. Sadly they got packed away, but I found them and thought they would work really well for the idea I had in mind. I started by putting a Wonder Sheet onto a sheet of A4 Centura Pearl card and transferred my design.

I then cut around the edge of my design.

I then carefully cut around the design and placed them in order onto my craft mat.

The hardest part, was selecting the colours and to keep the design sharp. I used the following colours for this design and made sure not to repeat the colours next to each other, unless the design called for it. Here are the colours I used for this design.

Next I secured each piece in turn onto a piece of card using Cosmic Shimmer. When this was dry I trimmed around the design flush with the edges. To finish I backed the piece with  Black card.

Thank you ever so much for joining me today. I hope you have enjoyed the post along with the step by step I have shared and the finished piece. I hope you will join me again soon, Take care and Happy Crafting.xx

2 comments:

  1. Thought that this piece was very different when I saw it before and was wondering how you had done it. Now I know! It is very striking in all these bright colours. Think that it is amazing.
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete